Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kenny Hansmire apologizes...Cook? (mum's the word)

Mr. Hansmire seems to have realized his mistake
in talking smack about El Pasoans,
and I am willing to accept his apology.

Apologizing was the right thing for him to do,
and it's only right for me to forgive him his indiscretion.

I am really sorry I didn't stick around
long enough to witness the final quarter
of Texas vs the Nation.
I missed the finale, and missed our own UTEP alum
Cornelius Brown winning the MVP award.

After hearing the comments made by mayor Cook,
and the rest of the trash talking
that ensued on the radio broadcast
about my great city and my paisanos,
I just couldn't take it...I was freaking pissed off!
I almost threw my 8 dollar beer on the ground
before I stomped outta there,
but slightly calmer and thirstier brain cells prevailed.

Maybe it isn't too late to save face.
Maybe it's not too late for this game....

I am ashamed of our Mayor...
John Cook, you should recuse yourself from office.
Spare yourself the embarrassment of
so-called "leadership" of my city.

Ah, I've been looking for this all day--
here it is: Raul Martinez of KVIA 7 and
Raul's Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind here: