Saturday, June 5, 2010

How to Break Free of the 2010 Tiger Curse

I'm not exactly positive the above title is appropriate,
but I want to break out of 2010 and go right on to 2011.

This year has been trying on many levels.
I blame it on the Chinese Horoscope I read in January...
it basically spelled out for me 9 months of bad luck
and 3 fairly decent months this year.
Who believes in such hooey?

Well, I'm sorry to say
that I'm right on track for those predictions.
I'm a Tiger and this is the year of the Tiger.
I guess that causes some major clash
in the psyche of the netherworlds
and ruins my year.

Not everything has gone wrong,
maybe because my husband is not also
a Tiger, but a Dragon--
and his good Karma is squashing my bad.
Yeah, he's destined for 9 good months and 3 bad.

Do I know how to pick 'em or what?
Wait, who believes in such hooey?
Not I!
Nope, no karma, no fate,
all odds of 50/50
no gods.

Astrology...
hmmm, I may just have to pay closer attention.
Really, Reesa.
How stupid can you get?

Wait, did I just say all odds of 50/50?
That's some wisdom from my Sister-in-Law.
The more often I hear it
the more I agree with it.
Something either happens or it doesn't.
50/50.

You want to redo the tile in your shower?
50/50 chance that there will be
some plumbing problem to go along with that.
I was on the losing end of this scenario last month.
And it ain't over yet.
Now I've also found a cracked drainpipe and
some major repair work ahead.
That skews the 50/50
or does it?

Need to go to Juarez for some dental work?
50/50 chance that you'll get shot down in the streets.
I will not be testing this one
but I sorely need some dental work
and this is the year for Tiger pain
according to that damned horoscope.
Oh hell, I'm getting depressed.

My swamp cooler looked like it was ready
to spring a leak when I looked at it in February.
It was so coated with hard water deposits
all gunked up and rusting.
50/50 chance it would be serviceable.
A lot of elbow grease in March and
a little can of marine coating for the pan
and some minor fixture replacement in April.
I dodged the bullet of a huge expense
and she started beautifully in May.
Hopefully I can eke out another full summer
on that maintenance, hey...50/50 chance
of getting this thing to give me
another full summer in 2011 too.

Yeah, I'm an optimist
when I'm not a pessimist.
See, there's that 50/50 again.
My Sister-In-Law is Brilliant!
That Chinese Horoscope is a bunch of hooey!

50/50 chance it is wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind here: